PADI SCUBA Diving Courses
Why not take a scuba diving class to become certified or improve your diving skills while on your holiday? Dive Wananavu Fiji is proud to be a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort certified to teach all levels of scuba diving instruction from the introductory level PADI Discover Scuba Diving to professional level courses, and many different underwater specialty courses.
Find a list of the PADI SCUBA Diving courses available at Dive Wananavu Fiji below.
Learning to scuba dive requires both knowledge development – including facts, principles and concepts – and dive skills including techniques and methods. PADI eLearning uses videos, audio, graphics and reading to help you learn, plus short quizzes that let you gauge your progress, and then offers a review of anything you happen to miss. You develop dive skills during actual dives with a PADI Instructor at Dive Wananavu Fiji. By completing knowledge development online, you’re ready to meet with your instructor and start having fun in the water.
How do I get started as a Dive Wananavu PADI eLearning Student?
Head on over to the PADI eLearning System and follow the directions and links as provided. It’s as simple as that! Once you complete your online learning you will be ready to get in the water as soon as you arrive at Dive Wananavu Fiji!
Course Options Include
- Open Water Diver
- Advanced Open Water Diver
- Rescue Diver
- Enriched Air Diver
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Dive Theory
PADI Open Water Diver
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, independent study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
- 10 years old
- Basic swimming skills
- Good physical health
Become an Open Water Diver at Dive Wananavu Fiji for FJD $1,000 per diver (includes all course materials)
PADI Discover Scuba Diving
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, PADI Discover Scuba Diving is for you.
You will learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
Dive Wananavu Fiji will take you in the pool first to get comfortable with the new equipment, and then out to our local reef where you can discover the magic of diving. The whole experience takes just a few hours, but will provide you with lifelong memories.
- 10 years old
Discover Scuba Diving at Dive Wananavu for FJD $300 ($150 pool only)
Note: This is not a certification course, simply a ‘try dive experience’
PADI Enriched Air NITROX
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course is PADI’s most popular specialty scuba course. Why? Because scuba diving with enriched air nitrox gives you more no decompression time, especially on repetitive scuba dives. If staying down longer and getting back in the water sooner sounds appealing, then don’t hesitate to become an enriched air diver.
What You Learn
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During a practical session, and two optional scuba dives, you’ll:
- Discuss managing oxygen exposure.
- Practice analyzing oxygen content in your scuba tank.
- Set your dive computer for diving with enriched air nitrox.
• Be 12 years or older
• Have a PADI Open Water Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
Complete your PADI Enriched Air NITROX Specialty course at Dive Wananavu for only FJD $400. Or start your e-learning course today!
PADI Scuba Refresher
Haven’t been diving lately and want a quick scuba refresher? The PADI Scuba Refresher program is the perfect way to update your dive skills and knowledge from the PADI Open Water Diver Course before jumping back into the water. Whether you want a few reminders or need to go over the basics, your refresher is personalized for you: It’s quick and easy, and a good way to prepare for your next PADI course or get ready for a diving vacation.
Sign up for your PADI Refresher at Dive Wananavu Fiji for only F$200 per person (knowledge and pool session only)
PADI Advanced Open Water
That’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advanceyour diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll plan your learning path with your instructor by choosing from a long list of Adventure Dives. There are two required dives – Deep and Underwater Navigation – and you choose the other three, for a total of five dives.
During the Deep Adventure Dive, you learn how to plan dives to deal with the physiological effects and challenges of deeper scuba diving. The Underwater Navigation Adventure Dive refines your compass navigation skills and helps you better navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time.
The other knowledge and skills you get vary with your interest and the adventures you have – photography, buoyancy control, fish identification, exploring wrecks and many more.
Become an Advanced Open Water Diver at Dive Wananavu for FJD $900 (includes course materials)
PADI Rescue Diver
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
The PADI Rescue Diver course prepares you to deal with dive emergencies, minor and major, using a variety of techniques. Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- 12 years old
- Emergency First Response or CPR/First Aid equivalent
Become a Rescue Diver at Dive Wananavu Fiji for FJD $900 (includes course materials).
PADI Emergency First Response
Emergency First Response training focuses on building confidence in lay rescuers and increasing their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. Course participants learn simple to follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a nonstressful learning environment. All courses are supported by self-study manuals, videos and quick reference cards to enhance learning and allow you start learning right away.
EFR courses meet the CPR and first aid training requirements for the PADI Rescue Diver course and all professional-level ratings and are based on internationally recognized medical guidelines for emergency care.
Course Options Include
- Primary Care (CPR) – This course teaches you the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You’ll practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have no heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, may be in shock or who may have serious bleeding. You’ll learn to how to perform CPR and continue to monitor the patient, so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
- Secondary Care (First Aid) – Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You’ll learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
- Care for Children – This course allows participants to learn, practice and apply emergency care skills specific to helping infants and children with medical emergencies. It’s designed for those who work with children or are likely to have to respond to emergencies involving youngsters. This course is often integrated with Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) courses.
- EFR Refresher – It’s a good idea to refresh your CPR and first aid skills every 24 months, and that’s what the EFR Refresher course is designed to do. Focusing on key skills, the course allows you to stay up-to-date and ready to lend aid when needed.
- None! Anyone can become an Emergency First Responder, divers and non divers alike.
Become an Emergency First Responder at Dive Wananavu Fiji for FJD $300 (includes course materials).
PADI Specialty Courses
Scuba diving is a way to explore the underwater world in new and different ways. PADI Specialty Diver courses teach you new techniques and give you the tools to enhance your exploration. Dive Wananavu Fiji is proud to offer several Specialty Diver courses.
- Boat Diver
- Much of the world’s best scuba diving is accessible only by boat. Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course will benefit you because boats in various parts of the world do things differently. Scuba diving from a boat is fun and relatively easy because you usually descend directly onto your dive site.
- Deep Diver
- The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
- Night Diver
- The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you’ve been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the PADI Night Diver Specialty course.
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Excellent buoyancy control is what defines skilled scuba divers. You’ve seen them underwater. They glide effortlessly, use less air and ascend, descend or hover almost as if by thought. They more easily observe aquatic life without disturbing their surroundings. You can achieve this, too. The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course improves the buoyancy skills you learned as a new diver and elevates them to the next level.
- Underwater Naturalist
- Take the PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty course and you’ll see new things, even on the most familiar scuba diving sites. Why? Because when know more about symbioses, underwater ecology, and aquatic plant and animal habitats, you notice behaviors and see creatures you may have previously missed. Learn more about the local ecosystem and take a closer look on your next scuba diving adventure.
- Underwater Navigator
- Be the scuba diver everyone wants to follow because you know where you are and where you’re going. The PADI Underwater Navigator course fine-tunes your observation skills and teaches you to more accurately use your compass underwater. If you like challenges with big rewards, take this course and have fun finding your way.
- AWARE Shark Conservation
- Sharks are crucial to marine ecosystems, yet sharks are in a global decline. Learn about the value of sharks and what is causing the rapid loss of shark populations. The course may include two scuba dives or may be presented as a nondiving education program.
Contact us for pricing information.
PADI Master Scuba Diver
Join the best of the best in recreational scuba diving and live the dive life as a PADI Master Scuba Diver. The Master Scuba Diver rating places you in an elite group of respected divers who have earned this rating through both significant experience and scuba training. Fewer than two percent of divers ever achieve this rating. When you flash your Master Scuba Diver card, people know that you’ve spent time underwater in a variety of environments and had your share of dive adventures.
- 12 years old
- PADI Rescue Diver
- Five PADI Specialty Diver certifications
- Minimum 50 logged dives